IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness

IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//index.php)
-   Post Your Pictures (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Training Partner (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//showthread.php?t=14686)

ouija 08-27-2011 10:40 AM

Training Partner

So, with his permission of course I got the evolving pic of my buddy. I keep talkin about how much I've changed over the last year and I feel that this guy has done way more than me in terms of an overall transformation.

He's trained with me hard and pretty much every day with me since Jan 11, although we trained from Nov 09 till about may 2010, we both stopped lifting to pursue beers, fishing, and relaxation on a daily basis, it was a great summer.

But starting New Years (fittingly enough) he's gotten back on board and did some serious work. Being best buds we lift, eat, and pretty much have identical life styles. Everything I've done he's done, although I have to point out I'm still a tad stronger everywhere except legs, although he's caught right up with me quick. Dude's 5'9". Pic on the left is last summer at ~205, the middle is late July 11, and the last pic is just a few days ago at 185lbs. His lowest was 183, back in 09 he was on the 30 pack of bud heavy daily and was somewhere around 220, I have pics of that but I'm being nice haha.

Anyways here it is.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n..._j/pintoev.jpg

emekajokammor 08-27-2011 11:16 AM

That's amazing bro! Good story, tell him his hard work is paying off and congrats on the turn around. And tell him come join the fam!

ouija 08-27-2011 12:25 PM

I'll try to get him on, it's hard enough to get him to take pics for his own reference lol. This kinda inspires me to wanna train other ppl tho, was fun watchin him bust ass and see what happened...I hope he never sees this thread tho, cuz I can't recall a single time I've ever told him he's doin a good job, and vice versa! lol

recarp82 08-27-2011 01:01 PM

you and your boy have deinilty been putting the work in.

ouija 08-27-2011 02:45 PM

thx 'carp

onetiredkris 08-27-2011 03:47 PM

Definitely a great transformation. And a good partnership, when someones serious and is making progress: it really forces you to either put in more effort to keep up or surpass them

ouija 08-27-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onetiredkris (Post 136416)
Definitely a great transformation. And a good partnership, when someones serious and is making progress: it really forces you to either put in more effort to keep up or surpass them

Funny you should say that, cuz when he started back I remember I'd go hard just to watch him struggle lol, shortly after that I started to slack of a lil. A few weeks ago I stopped by his house, caught him mowin the lawn shirtless and was like...son of a bbbbbb...I better start gettin serious or this kids gonna whooop my butt haha

FearnonebutOne 08-27-2011 05:39 PM

Thats awesome brother...Feels good when you help someone like that whether you tell them or not...He knows and you know and thats all you need to know..Great F*&^ing work guys!!!!

RickB 08-27-2011 10:19 PM

A little friendly competition is good. You can feed off of each other for sure! Keep pushing to out do each other and have fun doing it! He looks great and his work shows!

ChrisO 08-28-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB (Post 136441)
A little friendly competition is good. You can feed off of each other for sure! Keep pushing to out do each other and have fun doing it!

That's how me & Fear do...push each other till one or both of us want to puke! Great work guys! Keep pushing!!

emekajokammor 08-28-2011 08:01 PM

I think at the base of every good training partner relationship is a little friendly competition.

It's friendly until i get under the wt. When i'm under the wt its just competiton...

FearnonebutOne 08-28-2011 08:03 PM

Correct you are my brutha from anutha mutha...PLAY TO WIN!!!

emekajokammor 08-28-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearnonebutOne (Post 136463)
Correct you are my brutha from anutha mutha...PLAY TO WIN!!!

you know it! :[][]: