IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness

IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//index.php)
-   Over Age 35 Bodybuilders (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   PaPaw's Blog... (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//showthread.php?t=12825)

PAPAW 03-30-2009 10:20 AM

PaPaw's Blog...

WELL TODAY IS MAX OUT BENCH PRESS NIGHT. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT OR HOPE FOR. I ADDED SKULL CRUSHERS TO THE REST OF OUR BENCH PRESS WORKOUT.
YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT DAY.

PAPAW 03-31-2009 08:24 AM

YAHHOO!!! 250 LBS AT LAST ! THATS AFTER TRYING 255 LBS. IT WENT UP SLOW BUT IT WENT UP. IT'S AMAZING HOW MUCH 5 LBS WEIGHS SOMETIMES.
MY SON JAMES OVERSHOT AND TRIED 285 LBS. HE DID 270 LBS. THAT BOY WILL HAVE 300 BEFORE THE SUMMER IS OUT THE WAY HE'S GOING NOW. I'M SOOO PROUD OF HIM.
I APPRECIATE ALL OF THE ENCOURAGEMENT THAT COMES FROM THIS SITE, YOU GUYS ARE GREAT.
WELL THE PICTURES WON'T BE COMING LIKE I THOUGHT. SEEMS THERE'S A RULE ABOUT TAKING PICTURES IN THE GYM I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT. GOTTA RESPECT THE RULES. I'LL JUST HAVE TO GET PERMISSION FIRST. AT LEAST THATS WHAT THEY TOLD ME; AND I UNDERSTAND. OH WELL

onetiredkris 04-02-2009 11:58 AM

good lifting papaw

PAPAW 05-20-2009 08:11 AM

WELL I'VE DONE IT; I'VE GOT PAIN IN MY SHOULDER IN ONE SPOT. I TOOK IT LIGHT LAST NIGHT AND DIDN'T DO MUCH. THE HEAVIEST I GOT WAS 185 FOR3 SETS OF 10 AND 180 FOR 3 SETS OF 10. DID 4 SETS OF 10 NOSE CRUNCHES AND 4 SETS OF 10 CURLS. THEN I DID 30 MIN. ON THE ELIPTICAL MACHINE. STILL SORE THIS MORNING THOUGH. ANYONE GOT AN IDEA WHAT I MIGHT HAVE DONE. IT FEELS LIKE THE ROTATER CUP (BUT I'M NOT A DR.) IT JUST FEELS LIKE SHARP PAIN. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY IDEAS.

RoaringMad Mac 05-20-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAPAW (Post 99704)
WELL I'VE DONE IT; I'VE GOT PAIN IN MY SHOULDER IN ONE SPOT. I TOOK IT LIGHT LAST NIGHT AND DIDN'T DO MUCH. THE HEAVIEST I GOT WAS 185 FOR3 SETS OF 10 AND 180 FOR 3 SETS OF 10. DID 4 SETS OF 10 NOSE CRUNCHES AND 4 SETS OF 10 CURLS. THEN I DID 30 MIN. ON THE ELIPTICAL MACHINE. STILL SORE THIS MORNING THOUGH. ANYONE GOT AN IDEA WHAT I MIGHT HAVE DONE. IT FEELS LIKE THE ROTATER CUP (BUT I'M NOT A DR.) IT JUST FEELS LIKE SHARP PAIN. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY IDEAS.

If it is a continuing sharp pain go see a doctor NOW. I mean it. Don't just over look it and see it it goes away like my dumb ass did. Start getting that shoulder and whole girdle area warmup up really good before doing heavy lifts.

RickB 05-20-2009 01:43 PM

Yeah, hate to hear that Papaw! I'd listen to Mac since he's been through it.

PAPAW 05-21-2009 08:11 AM

WILL DO, I'LL GET IT CHECKED OUT AS SOON AS THE DR. CAN GET ME IN.

PAPAW 06-01-2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB (Post 99978)
Papaw, I'll bet you add a little spoilin' to the grandkids too don't ya? ;)

BTW, Mason's coach told me at practice yesterday he needed to talk to me after practice. That time came and he pulled me aside and said, I just wanted to tell you that of all the years that I've coached baseball, I've only nominated one other "first year" player for all-stars. He said Mason will be my second. He said he has progressed really fast and loves his attitude. Dad is proud and I told Mason on the way home, that even if he doesn't get picked, he should be proud to even be nominated. He grinned really big and nodded.

And, Adam has waited for a couple months now and since school is out, he's sporting a Chuck Liddel type of mohawk. Not completely shaved on the side, but cut with no guard. LOL! Whatever ;)

GUILTY AS CHARGED RICKB. I LOVE ME SOME GRANDKIDS. WE ARE KEEPING THE YOUNGEST GRANDDAUGHTER FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS. SHE KEEPS US IN STITCHES. (SHE'S FUNNY)

PAPAW 06-18-2009 12:06 PM

MY SON AND I DID DEADLIFTS LAST THURSDAY. MY SON FIRST TIME EVER DEADLIFTING PULLED OUT 365 LBS. I WAS ONLY ABLE TO GET 245 LBS. I THINK I COULD HAVE DONE 250 OR 260 BECAUSE I PULLED 275 OFF THE GROUND ABOUT 3 INCHES. BUT IT DIDN'T COUNT. SOOOO, I CAN ONLY GO WITH WHAT I DID PULL.
ANYWAY I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED WITH MY SONS LIFTING. I THINK HE'LL BE AT 400 BEFORE LONG. I THINK HIS FIRS COMP. HE'LL DO 1000 TOTAL BETWEEN THE 3 LIFTS. NOT BAD FOR THE FIRST COMP.
I'LL BE GOING TO MY 35 HIGH SCHOOL REUNION TOMORROW. THE WIFE BOUGHT ME A GARMIN TO USE ON THE TRIP FOR FATHERS DAY.
HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL YOU DADS.

kickboy 06-18-2009 12:17 PM

you will love the Garmin microsoft mary is not 100% correct but she is pretty close.

onetiredkris 06-18-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAPAW (Post 100372)
MY SON AND I DID DEADLIFTS LAST THURSDAY. MY SON FIRST TIME EVER DEADLIFTING PULLED OUT 365 LBS. I WAS ONLY ABLE TO GET 245 LBS. I THINK I COULD HAVE DONE 250 OR 260 BECAUSE I PULLED 275 OFF THE GROUND ABOUT 3 INCHES. BUT IT DIDN'T COUNT. SOOOO, I CAN ONLY GO WITH WHAT I DID PULL.
ANYWAY I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED WITH MY SONS LIFTING. I THINK HE'LL BE AT 400 BEFORE LONG. I THINK HIS FIRS COMP. HE'LL DO 1000 TOTAL BETWEEN THE 3 LIFTS. NOT BAD FOR THE FIRST COMP.
I'LL BE GOING TO MY 35 HIGH SCHOOL REUNION TOMORROW. THE WIFE BOUGHT ME A GARMIN TO USE ON THE TRIP FOR FATHERS DAY.
HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL YOU DADS.

thats pretty damn great for a first pull. good stuff on both your parts.

RickB 06-19-2009 10:18 AM

Papaw! Those are some good #'s! You both keep up the good work!!!

Kickboy: Show them guns brother! :thumbup:

PAPAW 06-24-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB (Post 100415)
Papaw! Those are some good #'s! You both keep up the good work!!!

Kickboy: Show them guns brother! :thumbup:

THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT GUYS; IT HELPS ALOT! I'VE HAD TO CUT BACK A LITTLE DUE TO SOME KIND OF NECK MUSCLE PULL OR SOMETHING. I'VE DECIDED TO SLOW DOWN A LITTLE DUE TO INJURIES. I FEEL LIKE I'M PUSHING IT TOO HARD. SO FAR IN THE PAST MONTH I'VE HAD TO GO TO THE CHIROPRACTOR TWICE AND MAY HAVE TO GO AGAIN. BUT I'LL GET THAT 300 LB BENCH SOONER OR LATER !
THE REUNION WAS GREAT! I SAW 13 OF THE 14 PEOPLE I GRADUATED WITH. WE ALL HAVE GOTTEN GREYER AND SOME A LITTLE LESS HAIR, BUT WE HAD FUN. THE GPS WORKED GREAT TOO, ALTHO COMING BACK IT TOOK US ABOUT 50 MILES OUT OF THE WAY. OH WELL IT GOT US THROUGH DALLAS/FORT WORTH. I ALWAYS GET LOST IN DALLAS, BUT NOT THIS TIME.

antihero 06-24-2009 02:00 PM

have you considered doing some GPP in addition to your regular workouts? might help you get where you need to be.

PAPAW 06-25-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antihero (Post 100554)
have you considered doing some GPP in addition to your regular workouts? might help you get where you need to be.

I'M NOT FAMILIAR WITH GPP, WHAT DOES IT DO ?

PAPAW 07-08-2009 07:57 AM

WELL LAST NIGHT WAS BENCHPRESS NIGHT AND TIME AGAIN FOR A MAXOUT. I FINALLY DID A 255 LB BENCH. I THOUGHT I WAS STUCK; NEVER TO GO OVER 245 LBS. IT WAS A GOOD NIGHT ALL AROUND. I AM JUST EXCITED ABOUT THE PROGRESS, FINALLY.

RickB 07-08-2009 08:13 AM

Awes0me Papaw!!! Great job!

RoaringMad Mac 07-08-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAPAW (Post 100831)
WELL LAST NIGHT WAS BENCHPRESS NIGHT AND TIME AGAIN FOR A MAXOUT. I FINALLY DID A 255 LB BENCH. I THOUGHT I WAS STUCK; NEVER TO GO OVER 245 LBS. IT WAS A GOOD NIGHT ALL AROUND. I AM JUST EXCITED ABOUT THE PROGRESS, FINALLY.

Hey PAWPAW why don't you start a new thread in log for yourself. You usually put your personal best in the open chat section which is fine but I think more people would see it if you had your own thread started. I know it seems some of us don't respond to your comments and I think that may be because there is so much traffic on this postwhore thread it gets lost. I think you might find better response if you started your own thread. what do you think ?

RickB 07-08-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac (Post 100834)
Hey PAWPAW why don't you start a new thread in log for yourself. You usually put your personal best in the open chat section which is fine but I think more people would see it if you had your own thread started. I know it seems some of us don't respond to your comments and I think that may be because there is so much traffic on this postwhore thread it gets lost. I think you might find better response if you started your own thread. what do you think ?

My thinking exactly Mac!

onetiredkris 07-08-2009 04:49 PM

nice lift papaw, keep the streak going!