IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness

IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//index.php)
-   Iíll Pump You Up Q & A (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   HELP!! JUST STARTING AT 52 (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//showthread.php?t=15698)

Levy11 12-18-2014 08:05 AM

HELP!! JUST STARTING AT 52

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys I just joined this morning. I'm Not in awful shape but I would like to get some definition in my body and a little weight. I currently weigh about 165 and I'm 5'11". At one time I was just darn fat and in my mind "once fat always fat" so putting on weight is a hard thing now. I'm on disability for PTSD from 9/11 and I also have been HIV+ 23 years. I'm healthy as a horse as both my wife and son can attest to. I just really don't know where to start with a work out program. Can some one help me? I live in Arlington Va right outside Washington DC or give me tips to get started? Help design a program for me? I'll stick to it and do before and after pics. Are there good steroids or is that a bad thing all around? This is not a New years resolution kind of thing at all, ths is just happening because I've been planning on it and it was fate I happened upon your website, so I would appreciate any help from any of you from the great pool of wisdom you all have! Thanks in advance

RickB 12-18-2014 02:09 PM

Welcome to IPYU! First of all, this stuff isn't easy and takes dedication and persistence. But you can do it!

I can't really address steroids, but that said...you should work your tail off before resorting to them. Squeeze all you can out of your natural gains first! I'd say go at least a minimum of a year or two would even be better before starting something that messes with your hormones.

How many days in the gym per week do you want to go? 4 or 5 is plenty. 3 is still do-able.

Northal518 01-11-2015 01:48 PM

I would start with an hour of fairly intense cardio until you get your body fat percentage to about 15-10 percent. Then I would begin lifting with a program someone at the gym could make you.

RyanOshun 01-23-2015 02:57 AM

I would def hit cardio when you can, 4 days a week something as simple at 40 min each day before you lift... And a simple "split" for training...

Day 1 - Shoulders / Calves
Day 2 - Legs / Abs
Day 3 - Rest
Day 4 - Chest and Triceps / Calves
Day 5 - Back and Biceps / Abs
Day 6 - Rest
Day 7 - Rest

RickB 01-29-2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northal518 (Post 161246)
I would start with an hour of fairly intense cardio until you get your body fat percentage to about 15-10 percent. Then I would begin lifting with a program someone at the gym could make you.

NO! Cardio after lifting if you are trying to maximize lifts and grow. Putting it at the tail of a full-on beat your body up workout is great for tapping into fat reserves....that is if time allows. Cheers!