IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness

IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//index.php)
-   Bicycling/ Mountain biking (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   RoaringMad Mac's cycling log. (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//showthread.php?t=11138)

RoaringMad Mac 03-31-2008 10:25 PM

RoaringMad Mac's cycling log.

I thought I might start to keep a log on each day's ride here and see how I progress.

Fed, since you and Kick are the local experts on this tell me in anyways how I can improve on this.

Since getting my bike I have ridden a total of 19 miles on it. I am averaging something like 5 miles a day give or take.

Example of today. 4.04 miles

I will add to this everyday and see where I am

Since tommorow is the 1st that is as good day as any to start over the milage and start counting.

I want to set a realistic goal. so I will say I would like to have ridden at least 100 miles by the end of this month or more.

Now, I am not sure and I am pretty sure I am right about this that I am not going to count what I ride on my stationary bike. only my MTB.

I do ride my stationary bike in the morning after I finish working out.

I have started again working out in the morning so I can ride in the afternoon and do other activities.

Okay here comes the log starting tommorow.

omaha16859 03-31-2008 11:20 PM

Give it hell Mac, your gonna get to your goal in no time bro!! Get after it!!!!!!!!!

RoaringMad Mac 04-01-2008 07:17 PM

Well, I was going to start tonight but I have been coughing all day long. I am going to see how I feel tommorow. This pollen and crap is taking it's toll on me for the first time.

RickB 04-01-2008 07:32 PM

Yeah you didn't sound normal on your VM you left me. Sorry I didn't get it, I had a Tower/communication rep in my office.

I agree with Omaha that this is going to help you out pretty fast. I'm sure you'll have fun with it too!

RoaringMad Mac 04-02-2008 07:46 PM

Okay 7 miles logged in tonight. I found my route. It still has some decent hills but not as bad as the other way and the road is a little more isolated.

7 miles and 3 wheel barrels full of gravel ( If you read my blogs you will understand this one. Right Rick.) It is almost gone.

Tough old man 04-02-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac (Post 76327)
Okay 7 miles logged in tonight. I found my route. It still has some decent hills but not as bad as the other way and the road is a little more isolated.

7 miles and 3 wheel barrels full of gravel ( If you read my blogs you will understand this one. Right Rick.) It is almost gone.

Good job and keep it up...As we all know exercise is so healthy for all of us..

Now if you find your getting tired along the way, stop at the closes pub and have a drink on me..and then ride back home. Rum and diet coke..no cal's in that one...:D

RickB 04-02-2008 09:10 PM

heheh! Shovel that damned gravel soldier! :D Good job indeed!

omaha16859 04-02-2008 09:15 PM

7 miles is a long way to go. I use to do just 4 around the lake by our house and that was exhausting.

RoaringMad Mac 04-02-2008 09:16 PM

Well, I am working up to 20 so we will see how this goes.

Tough old man 04-02-2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac (Post 76363)
Well, I am working up to 20 so we will see how this goes.

Hey I'm working up to 20 cans of beer tonight and we will see how that goes..Glad I have a stationary bike or I might get pulled over...:)

onetiredkris 04-02-2008 10:35 PM

20!! man mac you really got on that bike and started boogie-ing!! big hats off to you, i think im in my prime and couldnt do half that amount

Tom Stormcrowe 04-03-2008 03:24 PM

Remember, on the hills, spin easy at 90 RPM so you don't blow up or blow out your knees. :D Uphill on a bike is an anaerobic activity, and will run up the ol' heart rate into zone 3 in a heck of a hurry. As you develop your anaerobic endurance, you'll get faster. It NEVER gets easier though to ride up a hill, just faster. :D

Nice weather here on Saturday, so I'm planning a half century ride (50 miler).

http://www.comicguide.net/images/smilies/rad2.gif

RoaringMad Mac 04-03-2008 03:43 PM

Thanks Tom.

Yeah I am cranking it down to wear it is the easiest to pedal. LOL, I ain't going but about 3 mph but It ain't killing me. I know later on I will be able to sustain that or go alittle faster.

My heart rate is going crazy at this time.

Kris I am working up to 20 LOL. Not there yet.

I want to eventually do like Tom is doing and try a Century or even half a century in one day.

RickB 04-03-2008 04:04 PM

:o-'o::o-'o::o-'o::o-'o::o-'o::o-'o::o-'o::o-'o::o-'o:

I saw Tom post this smilie, so I took the liberty of adding it. Sorry to interrupt this program. Delete if you need to ;)

RoaringMad Mac 04-03-2008 04:06 PM

No, no. Rick that is cool. You actually beat me to it. I was going to ask you to add it.

RickB 04-03-2008 04:43 PM

I knew you were....I've been reading minds lately. Better get on your foil cap. Stop thinking about my wife like that. ;)

RoaringMad Mac 04-03-2008 04:59 PM

Well, with my test shots lately I can't help it. :hysterical::kissoncheek:

RickB 04-03-2008 05:03 PM

LMAO!!! You horn dog!

omaha16859 04-03-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac (Post 76607)
Well, with my test shots lately I can't help it. :hysterical::kissoncheek:

Does that mean the Cyp is helping? Or just a joke. Just curious as the amount was debated.

RoaringMad Mac 04-03-2008 07:25 PM

uhhhhh yeah. It is working just fine. I am finding energy that I have not had in awhile.

I can't keep still anymore. I am also feeling more energy when I am riding. Of course I can't judge in the gym but that will come I am sure.

I am also noitcing a change in my pants as well. The actual weight is slow some of my pants are damn near falling off of me now.