IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness

IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//index.php)
-   StrongMan Lifting (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   POWER LIFTING & BENCHING (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//showthread.php?t=15186)

endunamoomechristoo 06-28-2012 02:16 PM

POWER LIFTING & BENCHING

Let's see what the opinions are on here:

I've done plenty of research on benching, im about to work on a MS in ex phys so im no dummy to this but i'd still enjoy a good talk about benching with injuries and site recommendations for pre/rehab.

I already visit mobilitywod.com and if you don't i highly suggest you do.

Blew out shoulder in highschool with big labrum tear and GH bruising, finished two seasons of playing football and wrestling before getting it diagnosed [hurt too much eventually so i checked on it] went an played college ball and got some bursitis but called it quits before anything worse.

Bench is weak so i need some help here. I'm working on generating some serious torque in the rhomb. and using that to my advantage. Also sinking the shoulder in the socket. Elbows in. Internal rot of shoulder.

Any advice or stretches past that? Or any questions about my other routines just lemme know

emekajokammor 06-28-2012 02:23 PM

Welcome to the forum!!

recarp82 06-28-2012 03:21 PM

i have shoulder problems but it doesnt seem to bother me if i do decline and incline and stay away from flat barbell bench.

endunamoomechristoo 06-28-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emekajokammor (Post 150189)
Welcome to the forum!!

Thank you I like your bible quotes!! Endunamoo me christoo comes from phi 4:13 it's the greek translation for strengthened by Christ.

endunamoomechristoo 06-28-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by recarp82 (Post 150192)
i have shoulder problems but it doesnt seem to bother me if i do decline and incline and stay away from flat barbell bench.

Something i can't avoid seeing as how i compete in powerlifting meets. Just trying to work my way around it

recarp82 06-28-2012 06:19 PM

forgot to say welcome to the forum.

ouija 06-28-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by endunamoomechristoo (Post 150196)
Something i can't avoid seeing as how i compete in powerlifting meets. Just trying to work my way around it

How's the shoulder feel on close grip? If that's easier on it, wouldn't hurt to train that heavy, build the inner chest/tri's up to compensate for the injury with a standard grip.

emekajokammor 06-29-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by endunamoomechristoo (Post 150195)
Thank you I like your bible quotes!! Endunamoo me christoo comes from phi 4:13 it's the greek translation for strengthened by Christ.

Nooowww, i understand your avi pic. Awesome, thanks brother! And thanks for the greek teaching :D

Anything we can do to help just post and let us know :[][]:

endunamoomechristoo 06-29-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emekajokammor (Post 150215)
Nooowww, i understand your avi pic. Awesome, thanks brother! And thanks for the greek teaching :D

Anything we can do to help just post and let us know :[][]:

Yes and thanks man im just curious about peoples ideas for benching. My squat and dead are blowing up but my bench is stuck and i need to improve if i wanna compete top level. I do Close grip plenty, i think i may start the texas method soon for benching.

Etikp 12-21-2013 08:15 AM

What is this texas method of benching, hearing it for the first time.

Jane McCafferty 03-08-2014 12:57 PM

Swimming is a great alternative if you're injured.

simonjames 11-28-2014 03:19 AM

Your post is quite irrelevant to current discussion.