IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness

IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//index.php)
-   Bodybuilding Supplements (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   The Role Of Bodybuilding Supplements (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//showthread.php?t=7229)

RoaringMad Mac 05-28-2006 07:02 PM

The Role Of Bodybuilding Supplements

First, supplements make sticking to the proper diet easier to follow. Meal replacements and protein supplements fall into this category. They're fast, economical and convenient. You can use them to add extra calories and protein to your diet for mass gains or use them in place of more fattening foods during a cutting diet.

Second, supplements can help you reach your goal faster and more effectively. Fat burners fall into this category. They can speed up your metabolism, give you an energy boost, and curb your appetite. Other sport supplements may help prevent catabolism (muscle wasting) during strict diets. Prohormones and products like Methoxy-7 can be a great help in this area.

Third, supplements can keep you healthy while achieving that ideal body. Extreme fat loss or muscle gain diets aren't always synonymous with health. Supplementing your diet with fiber, fish oils, multi-vitamins, minerals and extra antioxidants can not only help you look good, but also help you stay looking good for years to come.
Edited by: RoaringMad Mac

SNS8778 06-01-2006 09:52 AM

Good post. I think alot of people forget that supplements are there to 'supplement' a healthy diet and lifestyle. They help you reach your goals faster and easier than without them, but do not do it for you.

larry61 05-30-2011 08:30 AM

Hey Roaringmad, New to the site and looking for some honest info. Wanting to loose weight (50lbs). And gain muscle tone and strength. Current age is 50. What would you recommend as far as weight lose and muscle gaining supps. Thanks

RickB 05-30-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larry61 (Post 129208)
Hey Roaringmad, New to the site and looking for some honest info. Wanting to loose weight (50lbs). And gain muscle tone and strength. Current age is 50. What would you recommend as far as weight lose and muscle gaining supps. Thanks

Supplements are just that. Just tweaks, not magic pills/powder. As long as you have a solid workout routine, good diet, and get the proper rest you will do well. But that said, I'm hearing good things about OxyElite Pro. This can help you well in weight loss. Get a good lean 100% whey protein or an isolate, some good vitamins and this is a good base to start with.

Welcome to the site and let us know if we can help with anything!
:[][]:

larry61 05-31-2011 08:30 AM

Thanks Rick will check that out. Trying to research different things. Don't want to jump with something and cause problems. Tried creatine in the past, had some problems with kindneys on that. Was not a fun time.

FearnonebutOne 05-31-2011 10:18 AM

Agreed rick, i Have used several different fat burners, so far Oxy with a good diet and exercise has been the best by far...Good luck Larry and welcome to the forum

emekajokammor 06-03-2011 08:49 AM

Supplements have played a very important role in my bbing career and also in my transformation process. Mac is 100% on point with his post, hard work is the base. You must have a solid foundation before you stack supps on it. Otherwise, your wasting your money and time.

It's like my mom used to tell me, "Don't spray cologne on top of stank!" Sometimes that word stank was another word that starts with s and rhymes with it. lol.

RoaringMad Mac 06-03-2011 09:31 AM

what Rick said. That is spot on.

RickB 06-03-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emekajokammor (Post 129685)
.....It's like my mom used to tell me, "Don't spray cologne on top of stank!" Sometimes that word stank was another word that starts with s and rhymes with it. lol.

Excellent analogy....LOL!

emekajokammor 06-03-2011 10:01 AM

SMH...lol

JohnBeef 06-03-2011 10:24 AM

Sounds good.

Hard work
Solid Diet
Supplements
=
Success

onetiredkris 06-03-2011 12:27 PM

That's classic Mek! I'm going to use that one when people ask me about supplements, which happens everyday :P

emekajokammor 06-03-2011 02:15 PM

lol, the reaction you get will probably be priceless!

RoaringMad Mac 07-19-2012 10:15 AM

Did I not just say that in the first line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by larybell (Post 150982)
Bodybuilding supplements work by giving your body extra nutrients that support muscle growth, fat burning, hormone production and, etc.