PDA

View Full Version : Ode to the Leg Press

The Loaf
11-03-2008, 06:54 PM
y'know, the Leg Press is a quirky piece of machinery. No two are the same, and even two different models from the same brand can be completely different.

The Leg Press I used in Skagway was made by a company called Tuff Stuff, and now I'm using a Body Masters leg press (and an old model, at that). The different between the two machines is that on the Body Masters machine I use 130 pounds less than I did in Skagway.

At least there's still the squat. Tried and true free weights, where the numbers are the same no matter where you are and what brand equipment you use!

[/rant]

RickB
11-03-2008, 07:32 PM
I hate the one at the gym I go to! But I'm afraid I'm going to have to take a loong break from squats, so I might have to use that confangled thing. It has so many weird pulley angles, there's no telling what you are lifting. And when you go heavy at all, you can feel it torque.

onetiredkris
11-03-2008, 07:51 PM
damn egg shaped pullies

RickB
11-03-2008, 08:15 PM
This one doesn't have egg shaped pullies. I'll have to check it again, but I think it has 2 45 degree and one 180 degree.

It's similar to this one:
http://www.theratek.com/images/%5CLarge%20Photos%5CP-140-legpress.jpg

The Loaf
11-03-2008, 10:00 PM
i only use the variety you can load with plates. they tend to at least stay simple... though there are a few that make you wonder who the hell designed them......

rent a car antalya rent a car antalya